Thursday, January 7, 2010

MY HEART IS VERY SACRED AND FRAGILE

Have you ever lived long enough to wonder, would there be any living being destined to touch your heart? Ever?? I have had someone touched my heart not using his hand, but by using his words and everything except his pair of hands. While some would tell me that I was lucky to get my heart touched, I for once didn't feel that way. Although I know that I should, in every way feel lucky because people have been waiting their entire breathing moments to get their heart touched by someone, be it a stranger or anyone for that matter. For people who have known me very well, this is very precedented. The heart, to me is very sacred. Once touched, theres no turning back. That is the reason why I prefer my heart not to be touched by anyone. I fear that once my heart have come into the possession of someone, that person will forsake it. Either intentionally or unintentionally. I have to be sure that once I left my heart out in the open for someone, that someone has make sure that my heart is safe in his hands because as we know, hearts are very fragile. The thought of me having to pick up the shattered pieces of my heart and put it all back together like the jigsaw puzzle only the pieces are not consistently sized really scares me. People who have had their heart broken would tell you that this is not an overnight process. It is bound to take up such a long time for the heart to be good and pumping again, only this time the heartbeat would take on a different rhythm. We will grow in the process of healing our heart because the pain that we have to endure in order to stand up, walk and smile to the whole world when inside, we felt like we have nothing to live for. Friends have asked me this soo many times..."why do you build wall around yourself?" the answer to this question is very much simple. I built wall around me because I am keeping my heart in a place where no one can reach it. Safer to do that than to take my chances with the one thing that had kept you alive by beating non stop for every split second of every day. Some might have the impression that I am being foolish. All Im saying is that I did what I think is best for me and Im not saying that it is the right thing to do. What might be best for me, might not be the best for others...its painful of course, but this is the poison that I have chosen for myself. And I have learn how to live with it ever since...what's your poison??

No comments: