Wednesday, November 25, 2009

love letters of great man; a compilation

I was just bored the other day, so what I did was browsing through the world wide web and search for love letters of great man...I have read some of it and to my surprise, I was in tears for some of it. Thinking that does this great man are still in existence?? There goes my fairytale, hoping that one "true" day a great man will send me a great love letter...this is as far as it goes for me..reading them and crying over them because such man and love letters are not in existence in the 21st century...so there are a few that I just adore soo much....



1.from SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL to his dearest wife
January 23, 1935

My darling Clemmie,

In your letter from Madras you wrote some words very dear to me, about my having enriched your life. I cannot tell you what pleasure this gave me, because I always feel so overwhelmingly in your debt, if there can be accounts in love.... What it has been to me to live all these years in your heart and companionship no phrases can convey.

Time passes swiftly, but is it not joyous to see how great and growing is the treasure we have gathered together, amid the storms and stresses of so many eventful and to millions tragic and terrible
years?

Your loving husband

(Winston Churchill)


2.DUFF COOPER
August 20, 1918

Darling, my darling. One line in haste to tell you that I love you more today than ever in my life before, that I never see beauty without thinking of you or scent happiness without thinking of you. You have fulfilled all my ambition, realized all my hopes, made all my dreams come true.

You have set a crown of roses on my youth and fortified me against the disaster of our days. Your courageous gaiety has inspired me with joy. Your tender faithfulness has been a rock of security and comfort. I have felt for you all kinds of love at once.

I have asked much of you and you have never failed me. You have intensified all colours, heightened all beauty, deepened all delight. I love you more than life, my beauty, my wonder.

Duff Cooper, English politician, to Diana, his future wife.


**anyhoo, Im keeping my fingers crossed so that one fine day will turn into a magical one when finally a great man would send me his own version of a great love letter.

No comments: